BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 29, 2011

One year

My baby turned one year old.

We had a smashing good time. Literally. I made a fancy cupcake and she smashed it. A tender moment between the three of us - DH and I sitting on the floor with our arms around each other while we watched our Ninja pick daintily at the frosting on her cake.

Hired a photographer to follow her around for a few hours. That was fun.

Had a big birthday party with a ridiculous cake and decorations that took me a full day to put up. Party dress, cookies, punch, the works. We declined presents, though; how many toys does a baby need, really? My parents contribute to her RESP (savings for university or college) and I think that's a great idea.

I don't really feel mushy and sentimental about my baby emerging into toddlerhood. Yes, having 7 pounds of her in my arms was gorgeous and inspirational. But it was hard, especially with DH gone all the time. And I prefer this stage now: when Ninja is starting to talk and to understand. And she's so damn funny. I love that about her; I love everything about her and I take her as she is.

2 comments:

loribeth said...

Glad you all had a good time! : )

Kate said...

Sounds like a great day!