BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 5: My siblings

I don't want to spend too much time on this topic. Primarily because my youngest brother causes my parents nothing but heartaches. He and his wife are estranged from the family - we weren't invited to their wedding - and we've never met his daughter (who's a toddler already). I think of her every day and I've happened across pictures of her. She looks like me.

My 'middle' brother is a good guy. Married with a precious little girl. We don't see them much, though. They're always so busy. I haven't seen my niece since January which is hard.

Both siblings do not have fertility issues. The youngest bro said at one point that his girlfriend, now wife, had a miscarriage when she was still a teenager. That upset me partly because DH and I were already a year or 2 into infertility. My middle brother's wife had 'trouble' conceiving but, as I've gathered, it took them 6 or 7 months to get pregnant. Um, ok. That doesn't count as 'trouble' to me but whatever.

Every day I try to remember to remind myself that both of my siblings will continue to procreate and that I likely will not. I don't want to be surprised anymore.

Yeah, that's about as far as I want to get into that right now.

1 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

I want to say something but can't really figure out the right choice of words.

All I know is that even the kids are born from the same parents, everybody is made of a different metal and they will always shape and branch out differently.

From my mom's side, only I have won the fertility lottery. From my dad's side, I am not the only one who has dealt with IF/Loss, but everybody else is already over it and parenting and such...